What is White Matter

White matter is the brain tissue through which messages pass between different areas of grey matter within the nervous system. Using a computer network as an analogy, the grey matter can be thought of as the actual computers themselves, whereas the white matter represents the network cables connecting the computers together.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The First Rain!!!

As the sunshine retreated
Towards the west
Tired shadows
Slid under the trees to get a rest

A breeze, so sweet
Touched me tender
Few trees whispered
Something to each other
With every rumor they spread
My heart skipped a beat
At the thought of losing her
Will we ever meet?

Soon came along
A storm of dreams unfulfilled
Along the way from her to me
Ah! Some were killed


A poet scribbled down a sad song
He was in despair for so long
He shattered the pen later, I think
Dark melancholy spilled over the sky, just as the ink


 All of a sudden,
The gales changed its course
The first time in years
When the heart of the sky ripped apart
Even clouds couldn’t hold the tears

The addictive fragrance
Filled the atmosphere
When the tear drops
Melted the dust layer


It is the first ever rain
In my eyes and the sky
Filled my heart with the scent of love
 When my tears touched your memories dry
Hope this rain conveys to you
How exactly I am missing you?
How much I miss you?

P.S. - A futile attempt to arrange my thoughts and tweets below into a not-so-well-rhymed poem. Corrections, bouquets and brickbats are welcome. 
  • She is a girl with a soul as the first rain and I, a boy waiting for her as the dry earth. Our rendezvous, a bewitching fragrance, petrichor. @AnandTambey
  • Once I sat on the river bank, I wrote few lines and pushed them as paper boats. Have you read them, when it rained? @AnandTambey
Images Courtesy:http://all-free-download.com/

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Rain, love petrichor, you have let the fords flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a touching piece, Tears and Rain well connected....

    ReplyDelete